1375 Virginia Drive, Suite 245  Ft. Washington, PA 19034

Phone/Member Login


Receiving Withdrawals from Your Account while in Covered Employment

Generally, the money that accumulates in your account should be used to help you throughout your retirement years. However, there may be times when you need to access your account balance before then. You will have to pay taxes and penalties for early withdrawal.

The following types of withdrawals are permitted by the plan while you are under covered employment:

  • In service withdrawal- You may withdraw a portion of your account for any reason at any age
  • Age 59 ½ withdrawal- You may withdraw all or a portion of your account for any reason any time after you reach age 59 ½
  • Hardship withdrawal- You may withdraw all or a portion of your account to buy your Primary Home (once every 5 years)  

How Much You May Withdrawal

You must withdraw a minimum of $500. The maximum amount you may withdraw depends on the type of withdrawal you are making.

Withdrawal Fee

A $25 administrative fee will be deducted from your withdrawal amount for each withdrawal you make.

If You Separate From Covered Employment

If you separate from covered employment and take your account balance in a lump sum, then later return to covered employment, your return date will be used to calculate your allowable withdrawal.

In-service Withdrawal

You may withdraw the following contributions and amounts as an in-service withdrawal at any time for any reason. You may make up to 2 in-service withdrawals per year, with the total maximum sum being 50% of your January 1st Account Balance.

Your spouse must sign your request for withdrawal in the presence of a notary, attesting to the fact that the withdrawal may reduce or entirely eliminate the amount available for retirement.  The form must include the notary’s seal and signature.


  • The Trustees approved a SUB increase to $250 per week for December 2023 through March 2024
  • Health Center Grand Opening Mailer 2023
  • Please take note regarding the SUB fund:  You must apply for benefits within 90 days of the Saturday of the week you are first unemployed and eligible for benefits.  Subsequent claims must be made within 90 days of the week -ending for which benefits are payable.
  • The Welfare Fund has been covering CDL Physicals since the start of 2018.  Click here for the requirements for reimbursement.
  • Motor Vehicle Accidents are Not covered by the Welfare Fund.  (Please talk to your insurance agent about increasing your medical coverage.)
  • Non-spousal Dependent Maternity is not covered.
  • Let us know when you: get Married or Divorced, have a child, or move.
  • When retired, our Health & Welfare plan (if eligible) requires you and/or your spouse to have Medicare A & B when eligible.